Sunday, March 18, 2007

First show after back injury!



It has been almost 9 months since our last outing. Hard to believe! time flies when your back hurts - actually no, I am wrong - time is very very very slow. Today we did the 3 footer division at the Marlborough pony club to check and see where we are. I am happy to say that Lumpy has picked up exactly where we left off. He was all game - what a good boy, I forgot he could fly.... overdid it a bit by jumping the 3'3s as if they were 4 footers, but that's ok. Not a bad problem to have. It was very cold and windy but as you can tell I got special help with the trailer (and he is only 18 months!). I must admit my back is sore tonight, but its not so bad. I still think it is the trailer gate - so if you have a good step up trailer for sale let me know. We hung around a little bit to get our ribbons, which started me thinking, are ribbons important ? I would like to know your thoughts... I spent some time thinking about this on the drive back.
Off to dinner and PT exercises.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats- you guys look great! Funny, I've never thought about the ramp being an issue for us humans. I was thinking I would want the ramp for the horse, but now I am not so sure.

Hope you weren't hurting too bad afterwards. I realize when I'm jumping higher/having stirrups shorter than normal tends to aggrivate it. Which is why I am trying to strengthen my core more! Remember, stretching is your friend (as well as some pharmaceuticals if needed :-)

5:48 PM  
Blogger haspel-soares said...

Thanks Holly !

It was really fun. I was so happy to just go out! I did neglect to post the fact that I almost lost him in the parking lot. There was a very scary pony with a colorful cooler flapping in the wind, and Lumpy said "no mum, I'll be going this other way".
I was sore, and yes I did use some anti-inflammatories. I really think its the darn trailer though...

tootles
Daphne

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home